Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

What I've Been Up To…

August 23, 2007 0 comments

Well, since it has been a week since my last post, I thought I would let you know why. I decided to take a small break from writing to let my head clear, and in doing so, I turned to marketing. We as writers not only have the pleasure of writing, but unless we're well known like Ann Rice or the others, we're responsible for marketing our work as well as writing. Therefore, I chose to use my break from writing to catch up on some marketing. As it turns out, the biggest task at the top of my marketing to-do list was optimizing my Web site to improve my ranks in the search engines. My site was written for search engines before, but that was a while ago, and as most of us know, SEO changes just about as often as computers.

As I began the optimization process, I knew I was going to change the design some, because tables seem to push the content further down the page. So, when the search engine spiders visited my site to read the content for targeted keywords, they saw the HTML code for the tables first. I had so many tables that I needed to remove them and try to put my text toward the top so hopefully the spiders will catch more of my actual content rather than the HTML coding for the tables. I'm still somewhat new to SEO, so I hope what I did pays off, because I spent a lot of time doing it.

Now that I have my optimization completed, I'm back to writing again. I must say I missed it, and I do believe the cobwebs have cleared. I also should be back to blogging like normal again… I hope. :)

Be sure to join me again Friday for a list of writing-related blogs. Yep, on Friday I plan to share some of my favorite blogs with you. Until then, take care and God bless!

Enjoy this post? Subscribe for updates.

0 comments: to “ What I've Been Up To… so far...