Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Happy Belated Anniversary, Dear…

August 13, 2007 4 comments

Last week I blogged about "8 Things a Man Might Say to a Woman That Could Land Him in the Doghouse," and in my blog entry I stated that I could not scold my hubby for not remembering our wedding anniversary anymore. When I made that statement, I also said that was another story that I would have to tell you about later. Well, this is later, and the story follows:

I forget things a lot now… must come with getting older… LOL… Anyway, it seems not only did he forget our three-year anniversary this year, but I did as well. The funny part: I didn't realize it until one month later. Yep, that's right, one whole month later! Just last month I was sitting on the couch watching television, and they brought up forgetting anniversaries. It was then when I realized on June 26 of the previous month my husband and I had been married for three years. I looked at him and said, "Honey, did you forget our anniversary last month?" His mouth dropped open and he replied, "Yes, I did." I told him he's not in trouble, because I forgot too. Of course, he laughed and found it hilarious since I make it a point every year to let him know he'd better never forget. Well, I can no longer do that now… LOL… And I guess -- if we remember -- we'll celebrate our four-year anniversary next year. In fact, I should drum it into my own head to remember. (*blushes*)

I guess I'm the one in the doghouse now...LOL.

Enjoy this post? Subscribe for updates.

4 comments: to “ Happy Belated Anniversary, Dear… so far...

  • Anonymous 4:49 PM CDT
     

    It's funny you mention this, forgetting anniversaries. I'm not married yet, but we don't even celebrate our dating anniversary. Not at all. I am sure when we're married we will though, but I can totally relate to realizing you missed something 1 month later lol. I've finally started a little notebook where I keep track of birthdays and other important dates, that helps!!

  • Unknown 4:39 AM CDT
     

    You know it is very bad to forget birthdays and specially anniversaries. Women get a lot upset for that. Here a solution i found http://www.forgetmeneversolutions.com> it will surely help solve your forgetfulness with its reminder services.

  • Unknown 5:46 AM CDT
     

    It is common in every human being. We all tend to forget Birthdays and Anniversaries its human tendency. I've tried many methods of reminders. The one website that helped me with this is http://www.forgetmeneversolutions.com> This is a reminder service which also has options of sending gifts and setting up wish lists. It helped me a lot, hope will help you too.

  • Misti Sandefur, Christian author/freelance writer 5:42 AM CDT
     

    Cathy,

    Thanks for the link. I have been subscribed to a subscriber service (101 Reminders) for a long time now, but I usually only use it for writing-related reminders, never personal reminders. To be honest, I never thought I'd forget my anniversary, but I suppose there's a first time for everything. Now I just may have to add personal reminders, because the Lord knows I can't forget it again. ;)