Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

2010 Changes for Life of a Writer

January 6, 2010 3 comments

I'm starting off 2010 with some changes to Life of a Writer. Don't worry, I'll still be here, and all the changes are good ones. My only prayer is for the biggest change to go smoothly. What's the biggest change? Life of a Writer will be moving to Wordpress. Yep, I've finally decided to make the big move. In fact, I'm combining my official Christian author site and Life of a Writer blog. I figure putting them together as one could benefit me more, and it will allow all my Life of a Writer readers to find out more about my books and other writings... all from one website!

I've been working on everything since a few days before New Year's day, and so far, I'm happy with my new template and anxious to get everything done. I plan to use the Wordpress import feature to move the blog to the root directory of my official Christian author site. I really do pray the transition goes smoothly, because I'm a writer not a website technician.

In addition to moving Life of a Writer to Wordpess, I plan to blog more often about my writing life and share even more writing advice based on my 10+ years writing experience. I still have to keep the clients happy and the paychecks coming in to help care for my household, but I really do want to make more of a commitment to this blog and all of you. I love sharing what I've learned about the writing and publishing industry, and although the mistakes I make can be embarrassing at times, I want to reveal them so that maybe I can keep you from making the same mistakes. I also love tooting my own horn every now and then, because I hope that my accomplishments inspire you to keep going and not give up on your dreams. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's this: Success comes with determination and time. You must continue to study your craft, because there's always something new. Apply what you've learned and what you will learn. Then have patience, and eventually you'll succeed.

What are your plans for 2010?

3 comments: to “ 2010 Changes for Life of a Writer so far...