Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

First Rejection of the Year

January 11, 2008 3 comments

Gosh darn it, it seems I have my first rejection for 2008. Hmmm… I do wonder if this is a good sign or a bad sign. Oh well, rejections are part of the process, and I might as well start building that pile early, eh. However, the sad part is this rejection makes my second one from this publication, and the publication is among my list of goals for 2008. I can say, however, they're not bad rejections. Both times the response said they liked my ideas and gave a reason as to why they couldn't accept it. This time the managing editor said that while my ideas were good ones, unfortunately, they have an "overstocked inventory" at this time. Hey, at least they took the time to let me know my ideas were good and that I could shop elsewhere, which I have already begun. All I had to do was tweak the query to fit the next publication on my list and hit "Send." Oh, I can't forget, I prayed before hitting the "Send" button, too.

Aside from my first rejection of the year, how has your year being going thus far? Have you had any rejections yet? Are you working on those goals? Tell me all about it. I'd love to hear how things are going for you.

Photo courtesy of Flickr

3 comments: to “ First Rejection of the Year so far...

  • Anonymous 10:51 PM CST
     

    Hi Misti - my year is going well, thanks for asking! I have some projects lined up, a busy schedule, and a stubborn project for a client that is a lot more work than I originally expected... but hey, all of that is really to be expected. :) After doing this for six years, I learned that much at least!

  • Michele 12:17 AM CST
     

    I always like to think of rejection in a positive way, especially if the editor takes the time to give good feedback. :-) I'm sure you'll have lots of acceptances this year!

    And, I've tagged you for the Roaring writers meme.

    Find out more here:

    I Am Writer, Hear Me Roar

    Smiles,
    Michele

  • Misti Sandefur, Christian author/freelance writer 1:51 AM CST
     

    Katherine, thanks for visiting me. I do hope you'll come back soon.

    It does sound as if you do have a busy schedule. Mine slowed down, but I was busy a few weeks ago.

    Michele, I hope you're right on the acceptances. :) As you already know, I discovered the meme and shared my tips. ;)