Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Sharing Blessings - Writing Jobs

February 11, 2008 1 comments

Good morning, friends. I hope your weekend was a great one!

To start of this Monday morning, I would like to share some of my wonderful blessings with you. As most of you know, I've landed some new clients over the past few months, and a couple of my clients hire other writers, too. I wanted to give you the chance to add to your clientele by sharing a couple of those writing jobs with you.

Since December, I've been writing articles for eHow, which you can check out here. If you go to the site you'll discover that they only pay for page views. However, Demand Studios will pay you to write articles for the site. So, if you go through Demand Studios and they hire you as a writer, you'll be paid $10 per article as well as for the page views the articles receive. I'm currently on my fourth assignment with Demand Studios, and after my second assignment, Demand Studios added to my blessings with a $5 raise. Now I'm paid $15 per article instead of $10. I don't know if this is something they offer all their writers, but it may be something to look forward to if you're hired and do a good job.

The articles are short step-by-step articles, so they don't take too long to write, and for your first assignment, you should be assigned 10 articles with a one-week deadline. Demand Studios pays by check once a month, and they've paid me for each assignment thus far.

My newest client is still seeking writers to write about their local area. This client pays $50 a month for a minimum of three blog posts per week. Right now the $50 compensation is referred to as"trial compensation," because they're testing the site, but from what I understand through their wonderful communication with us via e-mail, I believe things are going well for them. As for keeping their payment commitment, they just recently sent my first $50 payment through Paypal. The work is fun because it's about my local area and doesn't require a lot of research. All you really have to write is a paragraph or two. You can, of course, write more if you like, but they prefer you keep it as short as possible and include pictures when you can. The company is MyZip and you can find out more at MyZip's website. $50 a month for a couple paragraphs three times a week isn't too bad, and because you're writing about your local area, it shouldn't be too hard to come up with something to blog about. MyZip also has a blog where they share content suggestions with their contributors.

That will do it for me on this Monday morning. If you apply for one or both of the above-mentioned writing jobs, I hope you're blessed, too. And by all means, do come back and let me know if you landed one or both of the jobs in the comments area.

Photo credit: Flickr

1 comments: to “ Sharing Blessings - Writing Jobs so far...

  • Michele 8:16 PM CST
     

    How kind of you to share your writing blessings and jobs, Misti!

    I'm glad things are going well for you. :-)

    Keep up the great work!

    Smiles,
    Michele