Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Writing Workshop Coming Soon

October 10, 2007 3 comments

Well, as most you loyal readers may already know, I LOVE and ENJOY helping others, especially fellow writers. When I first started writing many years ago, I only wished there was someone to help me. Of course, back then I didn't have Internet access, so availability to what's out there today wasn't there then. Therefore, I guess you could say I'm self-taught. I learned many things from reading writing-related books, and from reading books by my favorite authors. I also learned from trial and error. Now, more than 10 years later, with over 150 published articles, two published books and my own self-published e-zine for writers, I'd like to share all the knowledge I've learned thus far with my fellow writers through writing workshops. Not only do I plan to share what I've learned over the years, but I also plan to share the new techniques and secrets that I continue to learn today.

I will be offering all the writing workshops via the Internet. Offering my knowledge via the Internet will allow you to study at any time you desire, and best of all, you can study and complete assignments in your pajamas (or birthday suit) if that's what you feel comfortable doing. You should also be able to work any or all of the writing workshops into your budget, because all of them will be offered for under $200, and most of them under $150 (depending on the length). Furthermore, I'm going to take things a step further by offering a payment plan for those of you who can't afford to pay the entire fee at once, and you should have it paid in full just as the writing workshop is about to begin.

The first writing workshop will be Freelance Writing for Beginners. In the Freelance Writing for Beginners writing workshop, you'll learn what the normal pay is for a variety of writing services (blog writing, ghostwriting, etc.), where and how to promote your writing services, how to break into the markets, how to write effective query letters, how to research markets and potential clients, how to find clients and much more. This writing workshop will also offer free templates to help you get started as well as a free list of trade magazines that pay fair rates. In addition, all of my writing workshops will offer personal e-mail support -- and when time allows -- personal feedback. As a writer myself, I am dedicated to my clients, and as an instructor, I will be dedicated to my students, too.

The Freelance Writing for Beginners writing workshop is already in its final stages of planning, so keep watching my blog (or subscribe by e-mail or in a reader) to find out when registration opens. I'm hoping to be opening the registration within the next few weeks.

If you have any suggestions for future writing workshops, leave a comment or contact me from my website. I'm always willing to listen and consider your suggestions.

3 comments: to “ Writing Workshop Coming Soon so far...

  • Righter04 7:34 AM CDT
     

    love fall birthdays. wiener roast sounds great, but we're in apple country so we gotta do the cider thing.

    so glad i found your blog--need all the writing help i can get.

  • Michele 3:37 PM CDT
     

    Good luck on the writer's workshops, Misti! I'm sure a lot of writers will benefit ;0)

    Smiles,
    Michele

  • Misti Sandefur, Christian author/freelance writer 11:50 PM CDT
     

    Righter04, thank you for stopping by my blog and for the comment. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Yes, do come back any time -- you're always welcome here. Everyone's welcome!

    Michele, thank you for the best wishes on the workshop. I do hope it's a success, but most of all, I hope it does help many writers. After all, that's my passion: helping others through words and kindness. ;)