Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Updating and Submitting…

April 26, 2007 0 comments

Subscribe to my Blog

I've been working on the second edition of "On the Net Resource Guide for Writers." I'm ready to get this done and published so I can get back to the true passion: romances and inspirational fictions. I'm now checking all the Web sites for dead links so I can remove those resources, if they're no longer on the Web. My next task to tackle will be the dreaded index. I can't express enough how much I despise creating the indexes. However, I am grateful that the biggest parts of the indexes have already been created and all I have to do now is update the page numbers. I believe Microsoft Word makes this process easier, but I'll have to read the help file to remember how it's done.

There's still quite a bit left to do, but if I set my mind to it, I can finish it and then start seeking out the publishers. Of course, once I get to this point, you can be sure I'll probably rant about any rejections that fill my inbox. ;)

In addition to working on "On the Net Resource Guide for Writers," I've also been writing queries for some article ideas. Once I write the query, I search for appropriate markets for that article and submit. I'll be sure to let you know when I get an acceptance, as well as where the article will be published. The articles are for writers and I'm sure many of you writers will find them helpful. Well, at least I hope you do. I can tell you one of them deals with understanding contracts. In fact, this one is educating me each time I do my research. So, not only am I going to teach you, but I'm teaching myself in the process. Yes, some things I already know, but when I do research for things I want to know more about I find new, helpful information. Who knows, I may even end up with more than one article by the time I'm through researching this one. How? Simple, the new information could spark more ideas and the more ideas the more money I earn. Unfortunately, though, most of what I earn goes towards bills. :(

I believe I'll let you get back to what you were doing while I go and curl up next to hubby in bed. Until next time, take care of yourself and God bless.

Never give up on your dreams -- work toward them,

Misti Sandefur

Subscribe to my Blog

Misti Sandefur's Official Web Site

Visit Me at Myspace

0 comments: to “ Updating and Submitting… so far...