Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

New E-zine for Writers

May 22, 2006 0 comments

It's been a while, but I have been working on my new e-zine for writers, and I just launched it the other day. Since it has launched I've been busy going through submissions that have come in. The e-zine is also a paying market for writers, and that's the reason I've been busy reading through submissions. Not only am I a writer, but now I'm also an editor. I've had some editing experience in the past, but now I've taken on the full role of an editor and writer. Boy, talking about a busy life now, but hey, I enjoy it and that's all that matters.

Since I've taken on the writer and editing role I think now my "Life of a Writer" blog should be changed to "Life of a Writer and Editor." Who knows, I just may change this later down the road. Just a head up, now you'll be reading about my editing life as well as my writing life; this should make for some interesting reading ;-) And hey, if you're thinking of writing for the e-zine yourself this just may be a great place for you to come for tips on breaking in -- you never know what I may share.

And now that I'm on the subject of tips I'll give you my very first one now. Before sending a query to "Coffee Break for Writers" (that's the name of the new e-zine), make sure you know how to write an effective query letter. I say this because so far the queries I have received told me nothing about the articles that were being proposed. All I got from the queries I've received so far is the name of the writer, a little bit about their writing profession and the title of the article they wanted to send. Here's the problem, a query should include the writer's experience, and of course I'd need to know his/her name and the title of the article he/she is selling, but I also need to know about the article too, and the queries I've received so far did not tell me anything about the article they were trying to sell. If you're unsure how to write an effective query letter you can visit Writing World's Web site. Knowing how to write an effective query letter will increase your chances of an acceptance. Not only should you know this information for my e-zine, but this is also information you need to know before you send a submission to other publications too.

Well that's all for now. I've got to get back to work before the storms headed to my area shut me down. Until next time, take care of yourself!

God Bless You & Yours,
Misti Sandefur, Freelance Writer & Editor
http://www.mistisandefur.com

0 comments: to “ New E-zine for Writers so far...