Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Writing from My New Desk

March 7, 2006 0 comments

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Over the weekend my husband and I traveled about 50 miles to Paducah, Kentucky to pick up my birthday present from him -- my new desk. Remember me telling you he was getting me a new desk for my birthday? Tonight I'm writing to you from that new desk, and I must say I LOVE IT!

My husband is so sweet to me, I couldn't have asked for a better man. But now I have my work cut out for me. I have to work even harder to sell many more articles in order to pay him back -- his birthday is June 7. I'm going to have to pull up my list of article ideas that I haven't started writing yet, and not only am I going to have to write them, but I'm going to have to create my potential market list for the articles so I can sell them to earn the money for his gift. I already have one in mind too, and since I know he doesn't read my blog (he's not much for reading on the computer) I'll tell you what it is. I plan on saving to buy him a new recliner for his birthday. The recliner he has now is badly broken down and ripped in a few spots. I've even sewed the recliner up for him, but the stitch didn't hold too well. He says its comfortable, and it must be because he falls asleep in it the minute his butt hits it, but just the other day he did say he needed a new one. Of course I took it as a hint and that's what I'll be shopping for. He took me with him to pick out my own desk so that he would be sure it would suit me. I'm going to do the same, take him with me to pick out a recliner that will suit him. Besides, he likes to sit down and test them out in the store before buying them. Though he already has a specific one in mind. He said he wanted a recliner that gives a massage and heats too (I guess they make them). Now I know he'll fall asleep in that kind of recliner for sure. As a matter of fact, I told him, "instead of falling asleep in this one you probably won't even sleep in the bed anymore." I was just joking when I said it, but I do wonder if the recliner would be his new bed.

I'll go now, I've got lots of writing to do before June gets here, and it will be here before I know it; boy how time flys. Until next time, take care of yourself!

Never give up on your dreams -- work toward them,
Misti Sandefur, Author/Freelancer
http://www.mistisandefur.com

0 comments: to “ Writing from My New Desk so far...