Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Rejected

March 21, 2006 1 comments

Well, it's been a while since I received a rejection, but this evening I opened my e-mail and what did I find? That's right, a rejection to an article I submitted. I was grateful there were no bad comments attached; all it said was my submission didn't fit their editorial needs at this time. Rejection is a part of the writing process, and I guess I was due for one since it's been a while. That's okay; I'll just update my files, re-submit the article to another publication, and hope for the best next time around.

I would like to thank everyone who commented on my computer frustration. Wendy suggested I invest in a laptop, and this is something I have been pondering for a while now. I have even shopped around and I must say, Wendy, you were right on target when you said, "laptops are not cheap." Besides having a laptop for back-up, it would also come in handy when I'm on the go. Right now I'm saving for my husband's birthday present, but once I get that I think I'll take Wendy's advice and save for a new laptop. I don't run on dial-up anymore, instead I have DSL, so I'm not certain if there are laptops out there that hook-up to DSL. If any of you know about laptops feel free to let me know if there are any that I can hook-up to DSL, and also what would you recommend for a writer?

I must get back to my writing now, but I will write again soon. Until that time, take care of yourself, and never give up on your dreams -- work toward them.


Best Wishes & God Bless,
Misti Sandefur, Author/Freelancer
http://www.mistisandefur.com


1 comments: to “ Rejected so far...

  • Wendy 5:12 PM CST
     

    Misti, I went to Best Buy and looked at what they had for laptops. The one I ended up going with is a Gateway widescreen, I can't remember the model number. It was around $1300. But I saw that they had plenty of others that were less expensive that would probably serve your needs fine! Maybe check out bestbuy.com, or even dell.com, or walmart.com just to get some ideas! Good luck. Even if it takes some time to save up for it, I think it will eventually pay for itself many times over again. :-)