Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Crafts for Children

November 14, 2005 0 comments

You remember me telling you how I got my first freelancing assignment, well, have I got some more news to add. I got a second assignment for that same magazine (Paducah Parenting & Family), and the assignment was to do an article with easy craft ideas for children. The craft projects were to be things children and their parents could make from around the house, or from things bought at a local craft store. Not only were they crafts children could make as an activity with their parents, but they were also crafts that would make great gifts.

With a short deadline for my second assignment I managed to pull it. After sending my article to the editor at Paducah Parenting & Family magazine I gave at least two weeks to hear something back from her; I expected to be doing a rewrite. Even though I proofread my article many times over before sending it to her I figured she would need more corrections. However, to my surprise no rewrite was needed, and the article appeared in their November 2005 issue. I took it as a good sign that no corrections were needed, and jumped for joy when the article appeared in the magazine.

What made things even better is the editor has asked to meet me, and she will be giving me another assignment soon. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am, but I can say that I really enjoy working with this editor. She is friendly and honest, and that, in my opinion, is what makes for good business.

If you have young children, and you're looking for some craft projects to do with them check-out my article at http://craftsforchildrenclip.mistisandefur.com -- these crafts also make wonderful Christmas gifts.

Until next time, God bless you and yours.

Never give up on your dreams, work toward them.

0 comments: to “ Crafts for Children so far...