Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Multitude of Blessings

May 8, 2010 0 comments

I was raised in church and gave my heart to the Lord at the age of 13. Then when I turned 15, my brother and I were baptized together. I'm by no means perfect. Like everyone else, I make mistakes, but I've NEVER lost my faith. In fact, as time went on, my faith has grown, and the more my faith grows, the more blessings I receive. It's absolutely wonderful what the Lord will do when you believe and turn your life over to Him! I have to give Him credit for it all, and as my thanks to our heavenly father for His blessings, I feel the need to share how He has helped me with my writing career over the past few months.

Answered Prayers

Not a day goes by when I don't pray for my writing career. Every night I ask the Lord to bless my career, and within the past few months, He has done just that! Not only have I gained another new client that keeps me busy, I've gained even more work, as well as a raise, from a client I've had for over a year now. Furthermore, the Lord continues to bless me with trouble-free writing sessions. Lately, the words have been flowing well and ideas come to me often.

Dedication is the Key

With all these blessings, I'm now trying to make time to fit in my personal projects, but as always, my clients will come first. By putting my clients first, I build a good reputation, and that, my friends, is the key to freelance writing success.

No doubt, I stay busy, and on top of all the aforementioned blessings, I continue to receive emails from others eager to take advantage of my writing services. Problem is, my schedule's filling up fast and I still want to keep room open for the personal projects. No matter how hectic things get, though, I just can't say no to the editors and entrepreneurs who are contacting me. Although I want that extra time to focus on my fiction writing and getting this blog moved to Wordpress, I continue to accept clients who offer me work that's within my areas of expertise, because I know these are answers to my prayers. However, I do set limits, which I believe the Lord expects me to do.

When you find yourself with an abundance of blessings, here are a couple of tips on what you can do. These tips are the limits I've set for myself.

1. Don't accept less than what you are worth. I know my usual freelance writing fees, and I've learned not to undercut myself. I believe the Lord would want me to stick with my normal fees, because if I change them, I wouldn't profit. The Lord blesses to help us, not hurt us.

2. Pray for guidance. If it truly is what the Lord wants, it will work out. So when I question a new job lead or wonder about a current project, idea or etc., I pray for the Lord to handle it.

Has the Lord blessed your writing career? Tell us about it in the comments area.

0 comments: to “ Multitude of Blessings so far...