Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Is Travel a Part of Your Summer Plans?

July 31, 2008 0 comments

Do you enjoy traveling to writers' conferences, expos and events during the summer? On the other hand, maybe you stay at home to do your writing and marketing, like me. Yes, unfortunately, I don't travel much. To be honest, though, I'd love to travel to other states to hone my writing skills and meet other writers, but right now, I can't do that. However, once all three of my kids are grown, hubby and I have plans to buy an RV and travel the world. Believe me, I can hardly wait to become a travel writer; it's something I'm definitely looking forward to! I'd love to be able to attend writers' conferences, expos and other events, as well as participate in a book tour. For now, though, I'll enjoy what little events for writers we have around my area and cherish the time I have with my children -- because they're already growing up faster than I'd like them to.

Anyway, if you're not like me and you do enjoy traveling, you may want to add the National Christian Writers Conference and Book Expo to your summer schedule. The event will take place on September 20, 2008 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Virginia Beach, VA. Registration is under $100 and includes workshop materials, breakfast, lunch and entrance to the book expo. During the conference and expo, you'll get to meet other Christian writers, magazine publishers, independent bookstore owners, editors and many others. Moreover, you'll hone your writing skills as you learn from experts scheduled to speak.

To find out more about the National Christian Writers Conference and Book Expo in Virginia, visit their website. Plus, if you've never been to Virginia Beach, VA and would like to learn more about what the city has to offer, surf over to the Virginia Beach City Page.

So tell us, will you be visiting the National Christian Writers Conference and Book Expo? How about any other conferences, book expos or events for writers? Whether you plan to travel this summer or not, I'd love for you to share your summer plans with me by leaving a comment below.

Photo credit: Eschipul

0 comments: to “ Is Travel a Part of Your Summer Plans? so far...