Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

14 Years Ago...

May 29, 2007 1 comments

Subscribe to This Blog

I remember 14 years ago when I had just given birth to my first child -- a baby girl! It was an experience not only will I never forget, but one that seems like only yesterday. However, 14 years has come and gone, and last Thursday night I wasn't giving birth and holding my daughter for the very first time, but I was watching her graduate from the 8th grade. Now, as the years continue to pass, I will watch her grow and mature into a very beautiful, young woman with many dreams. She not only graduated, but she received a Patrick S. Gilmore Award from her band teacher. Although she's growing up, Thursday night will be another moment that I'll cherish for the rest of my life, and I'm sure there will be even more moments down the road.

Speaking of Thursday night, I had the pleasure of meeting her boyfriend, which she talks about a lot. He seemed like a sweet guy, and you can be sure mom will make sure he stays that way ;) She already talking about her plans for the future, and she even has her freshmen classes all set up. I'm so proud of her! Of course, I can't forget her brothers. They also passed and will be in the 5th grade next year. Before I go, I'll leave you with a picture of my daughter on her graduation night. In the picture, she's holding her Patrick S. Gilmore Award. Enjoy them while they're young, Friends, because they do grow up fast!

1 comments: to “ 14 Years Ago... so far...

  • Anonymous 8:47 PM CDT
     

    Awe :)

    Now you must prepare yourself for the dreaded...dum dum dum dum, DUM! High school graduation ;)