Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Spring Fun

April 29, 2007 0 comments

The spring weather has finally arrived! I'm so happy it's more like spring now. For the past few weeks here in Southern Illinois, it has felt more like winter than spring. Well, this weekend the long-awaited spring temperatures decided to shine, and my husband, kids and I took advantage of the beautiful weather. Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, we played croquet in the yard. We all had a ball! In fact, it was so nice to play games outdoors rather than indoors. During the winter months, we usually spend our weekends at the kitchen table playing board games, but in the spring and summer, we try to do more yard games. We are getting ready to fix the camper up so we can do more fishing and camping as well. The kids already said they're ready to go fishing and I am too.

It's a shame y'all couldn't have joined us this weekend for the fun, but since you couldn't be here, I'll just share a few pictures with you instead. Oh yes, and the pictures with the kids on the ground… they're searching the grass for four-leaf clovers. :) I guess you could say this is another game my husband cooked up for them. Once my husband beat us in a game of croquet, I had to go start supper so we decided to quit for the day. However, the kids began complaining there was nothing to do so my husband told them he'd give them a quarter for every four-leaf clover they could find. Well, that quarter put them searching for the four-leaf clovers in no time. While we were inside, my husband told me that game keeps kids busy for hours, and on top of keeping them busy, you know where they are. It wasn't five minutes and my youngest son earned his first quarter. He was so happy he went back to the same spot and searched again so he could earn another quarter. About 10 minutes later, he returned and earned his second quarter. Needlesstosay, he nor the other two found any more four-leaf clovers after that. I was beginning to wonder and actually hoping they'd find a lot just to see how many quarters hubby could give out before the well ran dry…LOL…

Enjoy the pictures! I have to go now to write an article that is due tomorrow.


Subscribe to my Blog

0 comments: to “ Spring Fun so far...