Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Reality TV Musings

April 18, 2007 0 comments


American Idol - Top 7


Getting ready to see Shrek 3

Tonight I tuned into one of my favorite Reality TV shows, American Idol. I've enjoyed this show since it first aired on TV. It's so nice to see television help talented people get the recognition they deserve! If it weren't for American Idol, some of these talented folks may have gone unnoticed for a long time. My favorites this year are Melinda Doolittle, LaKisa Jones and Blake Lewis. It wouldn't surprise me if they make the final three. It also won't surprise me if Melinda wins the whole thing. Melinda may seem shy, but she has a voice to die for! I applaud FOX on their efforts to help so many talented people get the recognition they so deserve.


Idols enjoying Shrek 3


Oh no, LaKisa and Blake in the bottom 3 :(

Now, only if they could come up with a reality TV show to help us writers get noticed. ;) Of course, I understand the shows have to be entertaining to keep the ratings, and I expect there's not a whole lot you can do with writers to make a reality show about them interesting. However, I do have a few ideas that may or may not work. On The Apprentice, they make it interesting by giving the applicants tasks to perform. So, what if they created a reality TV show for writers that also assigned tasks, but the tasks could be writing tasks. They could air us working on our tasks (brainstorming, researching, etc.), and then, they could post our completed writing tasks on the Internet for America to read, review and vote on the ones they like best. The writer with the lowest votes leaves, and in the end, just like American Idol, the writer who receives the most votes and lasts throughout the entire show is the winner. I'm just throwing ideas out there. Besides, who knows, maybe someone out there in the television industry will consider it. And if that happens to be you, I'll be your first contestant. :) Deal? What do you all think, America? Would you watch? Cast your vote and let me know. Better yet, after you vote, if you have any ideas of your own, leave your comment and let me know what your ideas are. Oh yes, also comment and let me know who your favorite American Idol is, and who you think will win this year?


LaKisa in the bottom 2 :(


Sanjaya Malakar's final performance.
Phew, Lakisa's safe! :)

Never give up on your dreams -- work toward them,

Misti Sandefur
Enter to Win an Autographed Copy of "Help From Above"

0 comments: to “ Reality TV Musings so far...