Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Birthday Party Preparation

March 19, 2007 0 comments

Phew! What a busy weekend. I took Thursday and Friday off last week in order to prepare for a birthday party. Since "As the World Turns" was pre-empted due to March Madness, I didn't have to write the daily updates for Soaps.com on those days (Thursday and Friday) so I decided to take the days off to plan my son's birthday party. I didn't want to do things at the last minute this time, because when I wait until the last minute I'm always too pooped to enjoy the party, so I started early this year, and it worked.

I was able to rest for about an hour before guests starting arriving yesterday evening, and as a result, I too had a great time. We let everyone roast hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire, and that took care of me not having to cook; all expect for the birthday cake, which wasn't too hard. Moreover, as always, everyone enjoyed themselves, again. The kids love cooking their hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire, and the adults chat amongst themselves and laugh at the kids as they entertain us. After the party was over, the adults left and some of the kids stayed. Good thing birthdays are only once a year and I only have to give three a year. This party was for my youngest son who turned 11 on March 8. Yes, he was born three days before my birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. The next party will be for my oldest son. His birthday's October 6 so I have a few months to rest and write before that one. Of course, time will fly as usual. In fact, time has already passed too quickly for me, because I can't believe it's March already! My mom once told me the older you get the quicker time will fly, and boy was she right.

Now that all the excitement is over with, it's back to writing for me. Unbelievably, I actually miss writing when I take a few days off. There is a positive side though: It clears all the cobwebs and I'm able to brainstorm and write much better. There's a negative side as well: The work I let go -- in addition to more work -- is waiting on me with I return, and I have tons of spam in my inbox to weed through in order to get to the important e-mails. Oh how I hate spam, but don't we all. (*winks*) Speaking of the work that awaits me upon my return, I suppose I better end this and get back to that work so I can get my to-do list back down to where it supposed to be. Until next time, friends, take care and God bless you and yours. Don’t forget to comment and let me know you stopped by. I always enjoy hearing from y'all.

Never give up on your dreams -- work toward them,

Misti Sandefur

Enter to Win an Autographed Copy of "Help From Above"

0 comments: to “ Birthday Party Preparation so far...