Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

A Fun Weekend!

October 15, 2006 0 comments

This weekend we had some fall fun! Fall is a wonderful time for roasting hotdogs and marshmallows over the fire, and that's just what my family and I done this weekend.

My oldest son turned 12 on the 6th of this month, and usually we throw him an indoors birthday party, but this year we decided to make the party more fun by roasting hotdogs and marshmallows over a fire built in the firepit we had outside. The weather was perfect for this type of event, and all three of my kids just love wienie roasts.

The weekend before the birthday party I called the family and invited them as always, and this time I told them to bring their lawn chairs because this time around we would be having a wienie roast. Of course I gave the older folks the option of sitting inside where it was warmer, but everyone stayed outside and we all had a ball! There were seven adults and six children in attendance. We all enjoyed hotdogs, marshmallows, chili, chips, birthday cake, and believe it or not, ice-cream (at least the ice-cream didn't melt).

My husband kept the fire nice and toasty, and all the kids, including the birthday boy, had a blast! The kids drove my brother's four-wheeler around the yard, played games and jumped on the trampoline. Well, all the kids expect for my daughter jumped on the trampoline. She's still recovering from her trampoline accident, and she still vows she'll never get on one again. Even with my rule of one at a time, she still said she was not getting on a trampoline again. Hmmm, maybe I was wrong, maybe she won't get back on one.

At around 9:00 p.m. the party ended. All the adults exchanged hugs and went home, and I was left with a house full of five kids :) But I must say, other than being just a tad bit noisy, they were all good and went to bed when told.

Need ideas for your little child's fall birthday party? A wienie roast is pretty easy on the budget and fun for everyone! And, may I add... the big pot of chili goes over well too ;)

Never give up on your dreams -- work toward them,
Misti Sandefur
Freelance Writer/Editor

0 comments: to “ A Fun Weekend! so far...