Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Downfall to Being a Freelance Writer

September 6, 2006 1 comments

First, let me start off by saying if you're thinking about becoming a freelance writer, or if you're just starting out, don't, and I repeat, "don't" let this scare you away! Freelance writing can be profitable with enough studying and will power, and it, in my opinion, is fun. Oh yes, the writing part can relieve stress at times. But yes, there is a downfall to freelancing... you are your own employer, and this means "you" are responsible for your own insurance -- health, life, dental, etc. However, if you have a spouse who works whose employer offers insurance then you may be okay.

My husband gets health insurance for us, but that's all. Because health insurance is his only benefit I am on the look out for dental and life insurance right now. These types of insurance are important, especially life insurance. Now, my husband does have a life insurance plan through the union, but his life insurance plan can only be for him. This being the case, I need to consider a plan for me. Yes, at 31 years-of-age I don't want to think about something happening to me, but we never know, and I want to make sure my family doesn't have a huge financial burden if something was to happen to me.

Are you like me, do you need to shop for life insurance too? Advantage One Term Life Insurance is a great place to start. At Advantage One all you have to do is answer a few simple questions, hit "compare rates now," and then you will be able to compare quotes from over 140 companies.

I visited Advantage One Term Life Insurance last night for quotes, and I plan to go back after I learn a little more about what I want my plan to have. But during my visit I did answer the questions, and I was given a quote -- based on my answers -- from several different companies. I liked this because it allowed me to weed out the companies I could not afford, or companies that didn't offer everything I wanted.

In addition to giving you quotes from many companies, Advantage One Term Life Insurance also has many helpful articles on their Web site. If you're unsure about something then view the articles before requesting your quotes. Viewing the articles can help you decide on the plan that's right for you.

Again, don't let this stop you from becoming a freelance writer and living your dream. Insurance of any kind is something all self-employed individuals will have to consider, but as long as you're bringing in a good enough income you can do it. Go ahead and surf over to Advantage One Term Life Insurance today and see the quotes, there's no obligation at all, and seeing will help you decide what you can plan into your budget later.

Until next time, take care & God bless!

Never give up on your dreams -- work toward them,
Misti Sandefur, freelance writer & editor
www.mistisandefur.com

1 comments: to “ Downfall to Being a Freelance Writer so far...

  • Andrew McAllister 5:03 PM CDT
     

    I think many people have a romanticized vision of what it would be like to own their own business and they forget about all the details like this that have to be worked out. Sounds like you'll come out on top of this stuff, though :o)

    Andrew
    To Love, Honor and Dismay