Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Rambling About the Writing Business

February 18, 2006 0 comments

I hope you all had a good Valentine’s Day – I did. I got a huge bear from my husband; I collect bears. At least this stuffed bear isn’t breakable. My other bears are, and now some of them seem to be missing legs, arms and other body parts. Of course some have also been glued back together, but I still have them.

2006 seems to be keeping me pretty busy. I have been writing and trying to keep up with Article Distribution Services too. Though it’s a lot of work I enjoy it…writing is something I have a lot of desire for, and something I enjoy very much. It really warms my heart to have the assignments I currently have lined-up. I honestly don’t know if I could face working outside of my home again. I like sitting here at my computer, in my pajamas, and writing to my heart’s content. There’s no one looking over my shoulder, and I don’t have to answer to anyone. And the thing I love the most is I'm doing something I love.

What I really love about writing is learning new things. There’s an old saying -- “write what you know.” For a long time I use to do just that, but later I wanted to write more than just what I know, I wanted to learn new things and then write about what I learned. I spend a lot of time researching the Internet for things I want to know more about. Let’s say I want to find out about stock option investing, I can visit web sites and learn all about stock option investing. Then later I can write what I’ve learned (using my own words) and sell it to magazines, newsletters, webmasters or anyone looking to buy an article on stock option investing. I don’t just pick any topic at random and research it…I choose topics that I want to learn about. If I were to pick a topic I have absolutely no interest at all in I wouldn’t learn a thing, it would be boring to me because I have no interest in it.


Are you tired of “writing what you know?” Then think about something you would like to learn about and research it. Remember, make sure it’s a topic you’re interested in, because if you have no real interest in it, it probably won’t work out for you. I’ll help you out a bit; do you have an interest in gold? Good, now you need to find some information on gold, information such as the price of gold, types of gold or etc.. There are many web sites out there that can help you. Just use the search engine and enter the terms you want to learn. For example, you can enter “types of gold,” “price of gold” or just gold. The information is out there, you just have to have the desire to look for it.

I’ve got to go now, I have deadlines to meet, and thoughts to write down. Until next time, take care of yourself, and never give up on your dreams -- work toward them.

0 comments: to “ Rambling About the Writing Business so far...