Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Gratitude Journal for November 30, 2009

November 30, 2009 0 comments

In my last post I said I'd be publishing my gratitude journal daily, but I forgot to mention that because Saturday and Sundays is reserved for family and worship time, I won't publish a gratitude journal on those days. However, I will post it Monday through Friday, and on these days, I'll state at least five things I'm thankful for on that day. As for Saturday and Sundays, I'll tell the Lord what I'm thankful for on those two days when I say my nightly prayers.

5 Things I'm Thankful for Today

1. This is the final day for all NaNoWriMo participants, and unfortunately, I didn't reach the 50,000-word goal. Nevertheless, I am thankful for the 2,753 words that God blessed me with. I'm also thankful that I was able to finally start the first book in my Random Acts of Kindness series.

2. I'm thankful for another day with my dad. Often dad tells me he won't be with us much longer, and I tell him not to say that, but he tells me it's true and I'll soon see. Then when I ask him if the doctor has given him a time, he says, "No, I just know." I realize he's fighting two types of cancer and is probably tired, which may be why he's saying that, but just in case he really does know, I truly am thankful that God has given us another day with him, and I pray that there's many more days to come.

3. This morning words flowed without fail as I wrote another 400-word article for a client. Thank you Lord for the blessing of words!

4. Although I had a rather busy evening catching up on laundry, cleaning house and cooking supper for the family, I'm thankful that I was physically able to perform all of these tasks. There are folks out there who are unable to do these things, so they have to hire help or rely on family and friends to assist them.

5. For over a month my asthma has been acting up, but today was a symptom-free day, thanks to our wonderful Heavenly father.

What five things were you thankful for today?

0 comments: to “ Gratitude Journal for November 30, 2009 so far...