Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Working on a New Blog

January 27, 2009 0 comments

This past week I've been busy juggling my time between clients and a new blog. When I've not been writing articles, blog posts and television recaps for clients, I've been spending my free time searching through Wordpress themes for a new blog that I'm getting ready to launch.

After two days of searching for just the right theme -- which I never really discovered (I found one to modify instead) -- I headed to my Web host to install Wordpress. Then I spent the last two days (including this afternoon) learning Wordpress 2.7, downloading and editing Wordpress plugins for my theme, and getting the blog ready to launch. I must say, I'm really enjoying Wordpress. I've worked with older versions of Wordpress for clients, but this was my first time experimenting with Wordpress 2.7. In fact, I'm seriously considering moving Life of a Writer over to Wordpress. Yes, I've said this in the past and then stewed about it, but this time I think I'm going to make the move, once things slow down a bit. I really love the plugins and features that Wordpress has to offer, and I'm ready to give Life of a Writer its own domain anyway. Furthermore, having my blog on Wordpress will allow me to optimize it better for search engines. I tell ya, Wordpress is a lot like Twitter: very addictive.

How would you like to be the first to get a sneak peek at my upcoming blog? No, you won't actually get to head over and view it, because it's not ready for that yet, but I will share a screenshot of the theme I finally decided on -- and I'd love to hear your thoughts about the theme (below). Oh, one last thing, For Better or Worse (the title of my upcoming blog), will be about married life -- my married life, of course. I'll be rambling about my life as a wife, work-at-home mom and stepmom. I'll also share relationship advice for men and women, plus a whole lot more. Yep, through this blog, you get a glimpse into my life as a writer and learn from my mistakes, and once For Better or Worse is live, you'll get a glimpse of my married life, too. It should be interesting, especially when I rant about my husband's annoying habits, my teenagers' attitudes and more.

A sneak peek just for you!

I think I'll head back over to Wordpress to do some more work on For Better or Worse. Until next time, may God bless you with an abundance of engaging words!

0 comments: to “ Working on a New Blog so far...