Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Winner of the Mentoring Session Contest

July 18, 2008 2 comments

Edited on July 19, 2007 to announce a new winner and briefly explain why Lillie did not accept the prize.

Lillie earned her entry by commenting on posts that were a part of my Fiction Writing Tips series, but in her e-mail to me she stated that she’d love to take advantage of the prize herself, but since she’s not planning to write another fiction novel in the near future, she’d rather pass the mentoring opportunity on to someone else.

“My primary reason for commenting on your blog was simply to participate in the conversation and thank you for all the good information you’ve been sharing,” Lillie added.

Before I announce the name of the new winner, I’d like to thank Lillie for her comments and wish her the very best with all her writing, marketing and editing endeavors. And, of course, I look forward to more of her comments here at Life of a Writer.

With that out of the way, the new winner of the Mentoring Session Contest is Eliza Wyatt. Congratulations, Eliza, I look forward to working with you on your fiction novel!

--------------------------------------------------------

Drum roll, please… Lillie Ammann!

Congratulations, Lillie! You’ll be receiving an e-mail from me shortly explaining all the details. I can hardly wait to get started helping you write, publish and market your next fiction novel.

Lillie has been a regular reader here at Life of a Writer for quite some time now, and she frequently comments, so I was both surprised and happy when I drew her name from the hat, which consisted of 11 entries.

I hope she doesn’t, but if Lillie declines because she’s not working on a fiction novel and has no plans to write one in the near future, then I’ll draw another name from the hat and announce that winner’s name here, as well as notify him or her via e-mail.

I’d like to thank everyone who entered my Mentoring Session Contest, and even though you didn’t win, I wish you the very best and encourage not to give up on your fiction novel. While I only have time to mentor one writer, I’ll still be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Keep reading Life of a Writer for more contests or subscribe free via e-mail for immediate notification of new contests, upcoming contests, new posts and more. Do you prefer reading updates from your favorite blogs through your RSS reader instead? No problem, just subscribe to my RSS feed, which is also free.

Let’s celebrate with cake and ice-cream, shall we? Lillie, you get the first piece.

Photo credit: Traveling Fools of America

2 comments: to “ Winner of the Mentoring Session Contest so far...

  • Lillie Ammann 12:00 AM CDT
     

    Misti,
    Mentoring by you is a wonderful prize, and I would love to take advantage of it if I were writing fiction right now. But since I'm not working on anything and don't expect to in the near future, I thought it only fair to pass this great opportunity on to someone who could immediately take advantage of it.

    Congratulations, Eliza! I know your novel will benefit greatly from Misti's mentoring.

  • Misti Sandefur, Christian author/freelance writer 5:10 AM CDT
     

    Lillie,

    Thank you for your kind words. When I drew your name, I was hoping you'd have another novel, because I enjoyed "Dream or Destiny," but I understand completely. With that said, I plan to do everything I can to help Eliza with her novel. I've read her blog a few times, and from what I've read there, I'm sure I'll enjoy her writing.

    Thanks, Lillie, for being a regular here at Life of a Writer. And thanks for the review copy of "Dream or Destiny" as well. If you ever decide to pen another fiction novel, I'll just have to buy a copy, which I know I'll enjoy just as much as I did "Dream or Destiny." :)