Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

American Idol-Like Contest -- Vote for Me, Please

June 13, 2008 0 comments

Deb at Freelance Writing Jobs (FWJ) is currently seeking a twice weekly columnist for FWJ, but instead of choosing the columnist herself, she's doing something unique: leaving it to her readers to choose the columnist by doing an American Idol-like contest. For the first round, Deb asked the writers who wanted to apply to leave their pitch for the writing job in the comments area on this post. Since I'm a regular reader of FWJ I would love to write for Deb, and I enjoy sharing my writing experience and knowledge with other writers, so I wrote and placed my pitch as instructed. Now I must pray that I'll receive enough votes to move on to round two.

Many of you have read my writing-related articles, left wonderful comments and e-mailed me feedback, which I greatly appreciate and thank you for. With that said, I'd be grateful if you could head over to FWJ and give me your vote to help me progress to round two. You don't have to reveal your identity. All you have to do is click the box next to my name (Misti Sandefur), and then click "Vote." If you'd like to read the pitch I left before voting, read the comments area at FWJ Idol is Now Open. If you click CTRL and F on your keyboard then type Misti Sandefur into the box and click find, you'll find this is much quicker for finding my pitch.

Voting closes on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at Noon (EST).

Photo of a squirrel begging is courtesy of Sbfisher