Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Research Resources

April 30, 2008 2 comments

I remember 18 years ago when my favorite place to hang out was in the library with my nose buried in books. I would research time periods for my novels, information for upcoming articles and so much more. However, all of that changed when I bought my first computer and connected to the Internet. Sure, I still visit the library on occasion, but not as often as I use to.

The Internet opened up a whole new world of research for me. I can find just about any information I want from the comfort of my home. Besides, now-a-days when I visit the library, I usually have to wait a week or more for the books I need to be shipped to the library. By using the Internet, I can have the majority of the information I'm seeking immediately, without waiting.

Today I'm going to share some of my research resources with you. Some you may already know about and some you may not. Either way, I hope some of my resources will help you discover the information your looking for. The links to the resources will open in a new window so you don't lose your place here. Just add the resource to your bookmarks, close the window and visit the next resource. Continue to add the ones you believe will help you to your bookmarks until you're finished.

Some of these research resources came from On the Net Resource Guide for Writers. Do you have a great resource you use for research that's not listed here? Please share it in the comments section.

Facts & Statistical Reports

American Beverage Association
Dot-Com Layoffs and Shutdowns
(Very useful if you're researching online businesses)
Fact Sheets From the National Institute of Standards and Technology
Food Marketing Institute: Facts & Figures
GovSpot
Mansfield University's Research Guides
National Center for Health Statistics
Nielsen//NetRatings
Subject Guide
(Choose the subject you're researching)
U.S. Census Bureau
U.S. Department of Labor

History

Academic Info: U.S. History Gateway - American History
American Women's History
The History Net

Legal/Law

Law Dictionaries
Legal Information Institute


Reference


All Refer Reference & Encyclopedia
Biographical Dictionary
Encyclopedia Britannica
How Stuff Works

Photo courtesy of Flickr member, Viewoftheworld

2 comments: to “ Research Resources so far...

  • Anonymous 6:33 AM CDT
     

    Hi Misti,

    Did you get an email from MyZip saying they're closing their doors? I was really surprised. Last month they were talking about payment increases and then this comes up!

  • Anonymous 7:10 AM CDT
     

    Thanks for using my photo and giving credit. Glad someone could use it! This is why I use the CC license.