Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

The Power of Prayer and Determination

December 9, 2007 3 comments

The bills are piling up and Christmas is just around the corner. In the midst of it all, you spend every night on the computer searching for writing jobs so you take care of the bills and put Christmas under the tree for your kids. After each writing job you respond to, you pray before you click send. No matter how bad things get you have faith that both prayer and determination will soon set you free.

Sound familiar? This is exactly what I was facing last month, and both prayer and determination is what got me through. Not only did I pray for each writing job I responded to, but I prayed for help and guidance as well. I knew I couldn't do it on prayer alone, because my mom always told me, "God helps those who help themselves." Therefore, I was determined to help myself, and the good news is the prayer and determination paid off! However, I have to give credit where credit is due, and that credit is due to all of you who left comments saying you were praying for me. You see, it wasn't my prayers alone that got me out of the rut I was in after I made my biggest freelance writing mistake; instead, it was my prayers as well as the prayers of other fellow freelance writers and Christians. Yes, folks, when you have mountains of prayers going out for you, the power of prayer is even greater. The only thing I did on my own was have the determination to help myself. I had to be determined to seek out the writing jobs and respond to them. I had to be determined to keep going no matter how bad things got.

As November was coming to an end I sighed, but I never gave up. Then it happened: On November 27 I had gained a new client! Then a couple days later I gained another new client, and finally, one last client. All of these clients came from the writing jobs I responded to, and of course, my prayers as well as the prayers from others played a role in my landing three new clients. Not only did I land three new clients during the end of November and beginning of December, but also I received payment for an article that I had published in the Southern Families magazine -- a payment I was praying hard for so I could pay a bill.

Oh yes, I'm busy trying to meet deadlines, but being this busy right now is a blessing! Moreover, you can bet I'm not going to make the same mistake as I made last time, because I'm still responding to writing jobs and praying. As long as I'm praying and have determination, I know things will continue to work out in my favor.

If you're facing the dilemma I mentioned at the beginning of this post, then my only advice for you right now is prayer and determination. Keep praying for me as I continue to seek-out more clients, and if you need prayer too, then by all means comment and let me know… I'll be more than happy to return the favor.

3 comments: to “ The Power of Prayer and Determination so far...

  • Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl 12:21 AM CST
     

    That's great, Misti! I was hoping you were busy being successful and I was right! Woo hoo for you!

    Great post and great news--I couldn't be happier for you :0)

    Keep it up!

    Smiles & Prayers,
    Michele

  • Lillie Ammann 1:29 AM CST
     

    I'm so glad to hear your good news, Misti! Prayer does work ... as long as you work, too.

  • Misti Sandefur, Christian author/freelance writer 6:02 AM CST
     

    Michele, thanks for expressing your congrads, and I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I'm certainly keeping busy, but it's so worth it. :)

    Lillie, thanks for the continued prayers. Yes, they do work and I've had many answered. In fact, I look forward to His many blessing for me in the upcoming year as well. ;)