Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Happy September!

September 5, 2007 0 comments

Happy September, friends! I hope your Labor Day weekend was a fun one. My husband, step-son, my three kids and I all went to a local festival in my hometown. We attended the Liberty Fest in Harrisburg, Illinois, hosted by Little Chapel Church. Both my brother and mother go to this church.

Liberty Fest is an annual festival and everything is free… well everything except for the helicopter rides, but the money paid to ride the helicopter goes to a charity for kids. Personally, I'm not much for heights so I chose not to ride in the helicopter. My husband does his best to try and get me in one, but I tell him, "God planted my feet on the ground and that's where I intend for them to stay." Besides, there was much more fun to be had other than riding in the helicopter. There was plenty of good food (funnel cakes, hamburgers, barbeque, homemade donuts and much more). In addition to the good food, we walked around the grounds and admired the old cars, the kids enjoyed a horse and buggy ride and the list could go on and on. To make a long story short, I'll just say we all had a great time, and I needed the day off.

Now that the fun has ended, I'm re-energized and ready to write again! As a matter of fact, tonight I will respond to two writing gigs, write two articles, and I hope after all of that is completed, I'll have time left to send off a query letter or two. Boy, do I have a long night ahead of me! Depending on how my research fares, the two articles shouldn't take no more than an hour or maybe an hour and a half, and the writing gigs mainly require me to send information and a few writing samples, which I have already created. I just need to tweak the information a little to fit the writing jobs I'm responding to. Hmm… it appears as if I just may have time to send the query letters after all.

I guess I'd better go. If I keep blogging, I won’t get anything done. Until next time, enjoy the pictures of Liberty Fest. My 14-year-old daughter took the pictures, and I must say she did a great job!


My oldest son by one of the old trucks in the car show



Horse and buggy ride


My youngest son on the mechanical bull


Enjoy this post? Subscribe for updates.

0 comments: to “ Happy September! so far...