Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Setting New Writing Goals

September 13, 2007 3 comments

At the beginning of this week, Jennifer Mattern posted another weekly writing challenge on her blog, and I decided to take part in this one. After all, it's time I re-evaluate my writing goals anyway. With that said, I've been spending way too much time on writing articles and not enough time on the projects that I have had sitting on the back burner for a while now. The following is my new set of writing goals:

1. Write only two articles a night (I'm a night owl writer).
2. Once a week complete at least two chapters in the second edition of On the Net Resource Guide for Writers.
3. Each night write nonstop, for one hour, on the Creating a Successful E-zine e-book.
4. Every other night send two query letters for different articles to editors.
5. Every night check job boards for writing gigs, and reply to only the gigs I'm qualified for.

That should sum it up. However, if I have a client I'm doing a project for, I would have to get that job done first, and then I will go back to my list of writing goals. My clients ALWAYS come first.

At least once a month, I plan to let you know how far I've come with my writing goals. In fact, if I finish any of the books I'm writing, you'll be the first to know. Yes, you're that special to me.

Do you need to re-evaluate your writing goals? On the other hand, maybe you don't have a list of writing goals yet. Either way, I'd like to invite you to take part in Jennifer's writing challenge, and if you happen to post your goals on your blog, comment and let me know; I'd love to read your writing goals, too.

Remember, never give up on your dreams -- work toward them!

PS: For those of you waiting to read the article I mentioned last Monday -- the one for aspiring writers looking for ways to build their portfolio -- good news… it has been published. Therefore, you can read Tips to Jump-Start Your Writing Portfolio when you have a little extra time. Enjoy and don't forget to leave your comments! Oh yes, I sure would appreciate it if you could also rate it, which will only take a few seconds. And by all means, if you know of another writer who may also benefit from the article, feel free to e-mail it to them (click "Email to Friends" at the top of the article).

Enjoy this post? Subscribe for updates.

3 comments: to “ Setting New Writing Goals so far...

  • Michele 11:21 AM CDT
     

    Hi Misti,

    This is an awesome writer's blog you have here!

    I've added you to my favorite "Writer-Related Blogs" list on my own writing blog: "Writing the Cyber Highway."

    Keep up the great work!

    Smiles,
    Michele

  • Misti Sandefur, Christian author/freelance writer 5:52 AM CDT
     

    Michele,

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and I'm glad to hear you enjoy it. I returned the favor and linked back to you. :) Not only did I link back to return the favor, but I visited your blog and liked what I read there. I added you to "Blogs I Read" since I bookmarked you as well and do plan to read your blog reguarly now. ;)

    Best wishes & God bless,

    Misti Sandefur

  • Michele 7:29 AM CDT
     

    Thank you, Misti, I appreciate it. I'm enjoying your blog as well and will definitely be back!

    Keep up the great work and congratulations with the healthy puppies ;)

    Blessings,
    Michele