Subscribe to my full RSS feed or receive updates via e-mail.

Battling the Cold I was Dreading

September 29, 2006 0 comments

Last night I managed to get the work I had to get done, done. I finished all my work at 5:00 this morning and went to bed (normal for me -- I'm a night owl). Anyway, when I woke at 12:30 p.m. I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would, but I still felt puny. Even though I felt puny, I had things to do this afternoon. I had to go grocery shopping (I had grocery stores), and then, after school let out, I had to pick my kids up at their dad's house. I wasn't looking forward to the day at all, but I thought I would do fine since I didn't feel as bad as I had expected I would.

As the day went on I started feeling worse. My eyes watered so much it looked like I was crying. My nose stayed stuffy, but didn't run (thank God). My Asthma continued to act up, I walked around the stores constantly covering my mouth because I was coughing, and to top it all off, I stayed sleepy the whole day. Still, as I write this, it's difficult to keep my eyes open and focused -- got any tooth picks...lol... But I have to stay awake just a little longer, because I have to write and research one 1700 word article, and then I can snuggle up to my hubby under the covers. I am thankful that I only have one article to do tonight, and the research is just Googling for events in Indiana. It should only take a few hours to get this done, and you can bet as soon as I finish it and send it to the client I will be visiting dreamland!

Well, I'd better get to work because it's getting harder and harder to force my eyelids to stay open.

Never give up on your dreams -- work toward them,
Misti Sandefur, freelance writer/editor

0 comments: to “ Battling the Cold I was Dreading so far...